The playmaker is nearing his two-year anniversary at Camp Nou since making the switch from Manchester City in January 2022.
During that time, Torres has contributed 19 goals and 11 assists from his 90 appearances in all competitions, as well as helping Barcelona regain the La Liga title in 2022-23.
However, the Spain international has since dropped down the pecking order with many of his appearances coming from the substitutes' bench this campaign.
As many as 10 of his 19 outings have been as a replacement, while Torres has not completed 90 minutes since a Champions League fixture with Shakhtar Donetsk in October.
As a result, it was claimed earlier this week that the 23-year-old was open to a transfer away from the Catalan giants during the January transfer window.
Torres is naturally said to be keen to secure more first-team football as the season progresses, even if it means taking on a new challenge.
From Barcelona's perspective, generating a fee for Torres would theoretically be well received courtesy of their ongoing financial issues and requirement to make cutbacks ahead of the reduction of their La Liga salary cap in 2024-25.
Nevertheless, according to Mundo Deportivo, Torres has taken steps to show that he is motivated to remain at Barcelona until the summer.
Torres has allegedly informed Xavi that he wants to stay for the rest of the season and compete for his place in the team, rather than entertain a transfer elsewhere.
He is said to have taken that stance despite the imminent arrival of Brazilian youngster Vitor Roque, who will rival him for a spot in the starting lineup.
Barcelona play host to title rivals Girona in a key La Liga fixture on Saturday with Torres hoping to make his first start since November 25. body check tags ::