After three seasons at the La Liga side, it has been widely claimed that the France international is ready to take on a new challenge elsewhere.
However, the Blues are allegedly falling short in negotiations with their Sevilla counterparts, and it was reported last week that Kounde's asking price would be increased should a deal not be finalised by July 5.
Chelsea are not the only team to be linked with an approach for Kounde with Barcelona also open to negotiating a deal with one of their Spanish rivals.
Monchi has since addressed the transfer saga with Onda Cero, saying that he cannot predict the final outcome for both player and club.
"Xavi has good taste wanting [Ronald] Araujo and Kounde as central defenders, it's not a bad partnership. But so far there has been zero contact with Barcelona." said Monchi.
"I know that Chelsea have to look for two central defenders, but the interest in Kounde comes from England and other countries. I would have to be a fortune teller to know what is going to happen.
"There are calls from everywhere. The money is starting to roll in a bit. Kounde has established himself with France and will play at the World Cup. It's logical that there is interest in him and there is.
"As of today, he is recovering from injury in Los Angeles and will join in Korea later, like the rest of the internationals."
Kounde underwent surgery on a minor pelvis injury in the middle of June, but he is expected to resume training at some point next week.
Although the player is said to have a release clause in the region of £68m, neither Chelsea or Barcelona seem prepared to activate that option.
Instead, Chelsea are seemingly attempting to negotiate a deal for around £50m, either plus or including add-ons, with Kounde having just two years left on his contract.
However, both clubs have been attempting to address their defensive situation in other ways, Barcelona confirming on Monday that they had signed Christensen on a free transfer.