The agent of Manchester City attacker Kevin De Bruyne is confident that the Belgium international will not be out of action for too long with the knee problem that he picked up in training.
City confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that De Bruyne had suffered a knee injury during a training session, and he was pictured on crutches at the premiere of the City documentary All or Nothing on Wednesday night.
Reports had claimed that De Bruyne could now miss the remainder of the season, but his agent Patrick De Koster has said that the injury is similar to the one that the Belgian suffered in 2016.
The 27-year-old missed just over two months of action when he picked up that problem in January 2016, and De Koster is confident that the midfielder has also not suffered any torn ligaments on this occasion.
"I spoke to Kevin, and he confirmed that he had injured his knee in training. It is the same one as previously, and he felt the same way," De Koster told Sportza. "On that occasion no ligaments were torn, and that is the main thing. If that was the case he would be out for six to nine months.
"The medical tests will clarify how serious or not the injury is. It happened in training while he was standing on his own - he wasn't involved in a challenge. It was an unfortunate accident.
"He said it felt the same as it did two years ago. It is pretty much the same situation. His wife was pregnant back then, and she's expecting once again.
"It is fate. It is unlucky for Kevin - the season has only just begun and it's always good to be back. But as long as his ligaments are not torn we can remain hopeful he'll make a quick recovery."
De Bruyne will travel to Spain on Thursday to have the damage assessed by doctor Ramon Cugat.