The summer transfer window has now begun, with rumours and speculation continuing to swirl as Manchester United eye possible reinforcements.
The Red Devils brought in Bruno Fernandes and Odion Ighalo in the final days of the winter window but are still expected to be active in the summer as they aim to restore their former glories.
Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news on possible comings and goings from Old Trafford.
Wednesday morning's Manchester United transfer talk news roundup:
Borussia Dortmund have reportedly been left bemused by Manchester United's approach for Jadon Sancho.
Even though Dortmund's sports director Sebastien Kehl has reaffirmed that Sancho will be going nowhere during the transfer window, United are reportedly still trying to secure the 20-year-old's signature.
Dortmund were believed to have set an August 10 deadline for a deal to be completed, and the Bundesliga outfit are supposedly scratching their heads over United's approach to the situation.
Transfer expert Dharmesh Sheth told Sky Sports News: "Time is running out for Manchester United to make an official move, and even if they do, Borussia Dortmund are simply not budging. I'm told today that United knew well in advance of an August 1 deadline to come to the table with regards to Jadon Sancho.
"That was extended to August 10 but United hadn't made any contact before that date. Instead, they focused on perceived issues surrounding agents fees and personal terms. Dortmund have consistently said that Sancho will play for them in the coming season.
"As recently as Monday, the Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl said Sancho would be staying at the club. He said, 'it is an important statement because we have a certain responsibility and without Jadon, this team is worse'.
"He went on to say, 'yes, some day he may well leave for a new challenge, but right now he's happy at Dortmund and Dortmund are happy to have him'. I'm told today that Dortmund and those close to the deal have been 'bemused' at how United have approached this deal."
Man United were said to be weighing up a move for Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele as a potential alternative to Sancho, but a recent report claimed that Barca are not willing to sanction a sale for the Frenchman - forcing United to continue their search for a new attacker elsewhere.
Everton reportedly fended off interest from Manchester United in Dominic Calvert-Lewin earlier in the summer.
While United have been strongly linked with an approach for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, they have long-term ambitions to sign a new player for the middle of their attack.
According to The Sun, that resulted in manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer identifying Calvert-Lewin as a possible addition ahead of the new season.
However, the report claims that the Toffees have placed an £80m price tag on the 23-year-old, a stance which quickly led to United looking elsewhere.
The Englishman has contributed 28 goals from 116 Premier League appearances for Everton, four of which have been netted in the most recent fixtures against Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion.
Calvert-Lewin possesses a contract at Goodison Park until the end of the 2024-25 campaign.
More transfer news from Manchester United:
Porto reject Diogo Dalot, Alex Telles proposal from Manchester United?
Manchester United reportedly fail with a bid to include Diogo Dalot in a part-exchange deal for Porto defender Alex Telles. Read more.
Alex Telles 'hopeful of signing Manchester United deal this week'
Porto defender Alex Telles is reportedly hopeful of being able to complete a transfer to Manchester United later this week. Read more.
Manchester United 'rule out move for Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele'
Barcelona will not consider any offers for Manchester United-linked Ousmane Dembele during the transfer window, according to a report. Read more.
Manchester United 'to trigger Jesse Lingard extension'
Manchester United are reportedly prepared to trigger a one-year extension in the contract of Jesse Lingard, who is attracting interest from Tottenham Hotspur. Read more.
Manchester United 'rekindle Dayot Upamecano interest after Crystal Palace loss'
Manchester United are reportedly ready to revive their interest in signing RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano this summer following their defeat to Crystal Palace. Read more.
Daniel James 'to stay at Manchester United amid Leeds United interest'
Leeds United are reportedly likely to fail with any approach for Manchester United winger Daniel James before the end of the summer transfer window. Read more. body check tags ::