S
SEARCH
M
SA
Collect News Data

Tottenham Hotspur 'quoted £17m for Hellas Verona's Antonin Barak'

:Headline: Tottenham Hotspur 'quoted £17m for Hellas Verona's Antonin Barak':
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly told that it would take a fee of €20m (£17m) to prise Antonin Barak away from Hellas Verona this summer.
Sports Mole

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly been told that it would take a fee of €20m (£17.1m) to prise Antonin Barak away from Hellas Verona this summer.

The 27-year-old initially arrived on loan at Hellas Verona from Udinese in 2020 and immediately impressed with seven goals and three assists from 34 Serie A games in his debut season.

Igor Tudor's side made the decision to acquire Barak permanently for a £5.4m price tag last summer, and the playmaker has continued his strong form since.

Barak has found the back of the net 11 times in 29 Serie A games this term - in addition to contributing four assists - and his form has supposedly led to interest from elsewhere across Europe.

Barak's contract with Hellas Verona also has just two years left to run, so the Italian club are not in a particularly strong position to demand a hefty figure in the upcoming transfer window.

According to Corriere della Sera - via insidefutbol - Tottenham are keen to bring the Czech Republic international to North London this season, but they will have a fight on their hands to do so.

The report adds that Napoli are also keeping tabs on Barak's future, while a number of unnamed Bundesliga clubs have also been credited with an interest in his services.

Newcastle United and West Ham United were also linked with a move for Barak last year, with the midfielder registering 18 goals and eight assists in 66 appearances for Verona in total so far.

The former Slavia Prague and Lecce prospect has also earned 31 caps for the Czech Republic national team - scoring eight goals and providing two assists - but his side lost out to Sweden in their World Cup 2022 Qualifying semi-final playoff.

Tottenham's reported interest in Barak comes after Antonio Conte's side swooped for Rodrigo Bentancur in the January transfer window, and the Uruguayan has cemented himself in the Lilywhites' XI.

The 24-year-old arrived at the club on a permanent deal from Juventus at the same time Dejan Kulusevski joined on loan and has already started 13 Premier League games for the top-four chasing Lilywhites.

Bentancur and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg's partnership has often seen Harry Winks restricted to substitute appearances in recent months, while Oliver Skipp is out for the long term after undergoing groin surgery.

Tanguy Ndombele will return from his loan spell at Lyon in the summer, but the Frenchman does not appear to have a future at the club under Conte, so a new midfielder could very well be on the agenda for the summer window.

However, Spurs are widely expected to prioritise a new centre-back or left-back in the market and have supposedly been handed a boost in their pursuit of Villarreal's Pau Torres, who is also on the radar of Manchester United.

Tottenham find themselves four points behind Arsenal in the Premier League table, and the Gunners will confirm Champions League qualification with victory in Thursday's North London derby.

body check tags ::

amp_article__485416 : Collect and Make Data not in DataBase  : 
last updated article - 2022-05-10 11:04:45:
html db last update - 2022-05-09 14:18:08 :

ex - 7200 : read : write cache and make html

Click here for more stories about Antonin Barak

Click here for more stories about Tottenham Hotspur

Share this article now:

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
UC
Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!
Read more!

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
UC
Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

primis in bodyhistory www


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .