Speculation has persisted due to the Catalan giants being required to significantly improve their financial position in order to sign their own transfer targets.
The 25-year-old has been deemed to be an option to quickly generate funds, the suggestion being that Barcelona could recoup in the region of £70m.
However, it appears that Laporta is ready to retain the services of De Jong, rather than take the opportunity to cash in on his signature.
At a press conference to formally unveil Franck Kessie, Laporta said: "Frenkie is not for sale. He is a Barcelona player. We don't want to transfer him."
Laporta's latest comments are similar to those that he made at the beginning of the month, the Barca chief then acknowledging that United were interested in negotiating a deal.
Speaking to reporters on July 2, Laporta said: "There are clubs that want him, not just United. We have no intention of selling him, he wants to stay. Frenkie is considered as one of the best midfielders in the world by all the experts. We are happy to have him.
"I'm going to do everything I can in my power so that Frenkie stays here, but there's also a salary issue and that would have to be adjusted."
As it stands, it is unclear whether De Jong has agreed to alter is long-term contract at Camp Nou, the player tied to the club until 2026.
The decision to sign Kessie on a free transfer from AC Milan was regarded as a chance for Barcelona to raise funds to sign the likes of Robert Lewandowski when a replacement had already been acquired.
Nevertheless, it currently appears that De Jong will start a fourth campaign in La Liga, adding to the 138 appearances in all competitions that he has already made since 2019.
The earlier suggestion had been that Barcelona had wanted a sale in order to get De Jong's alleged £75m wages throughout the duration of his contract off their outgoings. body check tags ::