FA Cup roundup: Whitehawk secure replay

:Headline: FA Cup roundup: Whitehawk secure replay: ID:260968: from db_amp
Sports Mole rounds up all of the action from the second round of the FA Cup as Whitehawk earn a replay with Dagenham & Redbridge in dramatic fashion.

Whitehawk headlined a dramatic day in the second round of the FA Cup by scoring a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge.

Jamie Cureton's fifth-minute goal put the hosts on course for victory, but Whitehawk battled impressively and set up a replay when Jordan Rose headed home in the final minute.

Altrincham were denied a memorable win as Colchester United clinched a 3-2 victory in dramatic fashion.

The National League outfit twice went ahead with goals from Jake Moult and Michael Rankine, but Callum Harriott and Tom Lapslie each scored for the hosts to get them back on level terms.

Altrincham missed chances to claim the win, before Harriott secured the win by finding the top corner with a stunning finish late on.

Southern League team Chesham United were no match for Bradford City, whose progress never looked in doubt as Kyel Reid and James Hanson both scored before Gary Liddle and Devante Cole secured a 4-0 win in stoppage time.

Welling United's hopes of causing a shock never appeared to be on the cards as Carlisle United eased to a 5-0 victory over the National League side.

Charlie Wyke and Antony Sweeney handed the visitors a comfortable advantage, and after Harry Osborne had picked up a red card in the process of giving away a penalty, Danny Grainger fired home from 12 yards.

Wyke added his second to make it 4-0, before completing his hat-trick in the 90th minute to wrap up the victory.

League One's Doncaster Rovers ensured they did not exit the competition by coming from behind to beat Cambridge United 3-1 thanks to strikes from Conor Grant either side of a Mitchell Lund goal.

Jordan Tillson and Ollie Watkins secured victory for Exeter City as the home side cruised to a 2-0 win over League One side Port Vale at St James' Park.

Conor Washington and Marcus Maddison were both on target at London Road as Peterborough United secured their progress with a 2-0 win over Luton Town.

Oxford United ended Forest Green's hopes of taking the League Two side to a replay thanks to Kemar Roofe, who scored the winner 14 minutes from time to send his team through to round three.

Results in full: Bradford City 4-0 Chesham United, Cambridge United 1-3 Doncaster Rovers, Colchester United 3-2 Altrincham, Dagenham & Redbridge 1-1 Whitehawk, Exeter City 2-0 Port Vale, Oxford United 1-0 Forest Green, Peterborough United 2-0 Luton Town, Welling United 0-5 Carlisle United

amp_article__260968 : Database Data restored...  : 
last updated article - 2015-12-06 20:18:23:
html db last update - 2021-03-10 23:44:24 :

ex - 7200 : read : read cache amp html

Click here for more stories about Antony Sweeney

Click here for more stories about Dagenham & Redbridge

Share this article now:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We value your privacy

A part of our GDPR compliance we need to ask for your consent. We and our partners use technology such as cookies on Sports Mole to personalise content and ads, provide social media features, and analyse our traffic. Click below to consent to the use of this technology on Sports Mole.