The Poland international's contract at Allianz Arena is due to expire next summer, and he has told the Bundesliga champions that he wants to leave in search of pastures new.
"My era at Bayern is over. I don't see any possibility to continue playing for this club anymore. Bayern's a serious club and I believe they won't keep me, I don't want to play there anymore. A transfer is the best solution. I hope they don't stop me," Lewandowski recently told reporters.
Barcelona continue to be linked with the 33-year-old, and the Catalan outfit have allegedly already had two offers turned down, including a €40m (£34.4m) bid last week.
Bayern continue to insist that the experienced striker will not be leaving this summer, with the club expecting him back in pre-season training in the middle of next month.
"Our position is clear: Robert has a contract until the summer of 2023. New bid from Barcelona? I'm not thinking about that. I'm expecting to see Robert in training at Sabener Straße on July 12," Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic told Bild last week.
Meanwhile, Bayern director Oliver Kahn added: "As far as Lewandowski is concerned, not much has changed. He's still under contract until 2023. Here at Bayern we are now looking forward to the first day of training with Robert."
According to Sky Sports News, the German champions are keen to keep hold of Lewandowski this summer, but they would listen to offers in the region of €60m (£52m).
The report claims that Barcelona boss Xavi is determined to bring a world-class centre-forward to Camp Nou in the current market and views the Poland international as the ideal player to help the side compete for the biggest trophies once again.
Lewandowski has scored 344 goals and registered 72 assists in 374 appearances for the Bundesliga champions in all competitions since arriving from Borussia Dortmund.
Last season, he scored 50 goals and registered seven assists in 46 appearances in all competitions, helping the Munich giants win Germany's top flight once again.