Hazard has largely struggled to show his best form for Los Blancos since arriving from Chelsea in 2019, and the attacker was heavily criticised for his conduct after the Champions League clash with the Blues last week, where he was seen laughing and joking with his former teammates after Real Madrid's 2-0 defeat.
Zidane has insisted that it is time to move on from the situation, with the Belgian taking to social media to apologise for causing offence.
The 30-year-old has since been strongly linked with an exit, with a recent report claiming that Los Blancos would accept an offer of £43m for him in the upcoming market.
"Hazard has already apologised for what happened the other day," Zidane told reporters. "He didn't mean to offend anybody and he has said that. He is a Real Madrid player and will compete for Real Madrid.
"He knows what he has to do on the pitch and he'll do that. We spoke after the match the other day. He spoke with me, the players and the club about what happened. It's now in the past."
Real Madrid will be looking to return to winning ways when they face Sevilla in La Liga on Sunday night. body check tags ::