S
SEARCH
M
SA
Collect News Data
May 11, 2022 at 7.45pm UK at The SMISA Stadium
St Mirren
0 - 0
Livingston

Gogic (57')
FT

Kelly (25'), Forrest (37'), Fitzwater (55')

Preview: St Mirren vs. Livingston - prediction, team news, lineups

:Headline: Preview: St Mirren vs. Livingston - prediction, team news, lineups:
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between St Mirren and Livingston, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.
Sports Mole

St Mirren play host to Livingston on Wednesday evening knowing that they can move level on points with their seventh-placed opponents in the Scottish Premiership standings.

However, Livingston head into this fixture with the opportunity to potentially wrap up that place, depending on how results go elsewhere.


Match preview

Having claimed a top-six finish during the previous two seasons, there was naturally disappointment when Livingston only qualified for the relegation group.

Nevertheless, David Martindale's side are currently on a four-match unbeaten streak, accumulating a total of eight points to move to the brink of sealing a respectable seventh spot.

The Lions only claimed a 1-1 draw at home to 11th-placed St Johnstone last time out, the point being achieved through Jack Fitzwater's goal in the last minute.

With Dundee to come on the final day of the season, Livingston are clear favourites to remain in their current position, providing that they avoid defeat on Wednesday.

These two sides met as recently as February 19, Livingston squandering a lead to settle for a point against opponents who had then been on a seven-match undefeated run.

Things have since changed with Stephen Robinson currently unable to replicate the work of Jim Goodwin before him, but there are now signs that St Mirren are back on an upward trajectory.

After a run of eight defeats in nine games, wins and shutouts have been recorded against St Johnstone and Dundee respectively, keeping the club in contention for seventh.

Remarkably, the trio who scored in those games - Greg Kiltie, Alex Grieve and Curtis Main - all netted for the first time in the league this season.

From a defensive standpoint, it was the first time that back-to-back clean sheets have been kept since either side of the September international break.

St Mirren Scottish Premiership form:
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • W

Livingston Scottish Premiership form:
  • L
  • L
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • D


Team News

Barring any unforeseen injury issues, Robinson will likely stick with the St Mirren XI from the win over Dundee.

Connor Ronan and Jordan Jones have returned to Wolverhampton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic due to ankle and shoulder injuries respectively, and appear unlikely to play any part of the remaining two matches.

As for Livingston, Alan Forrest is in line for a recall on the right-hand side of midfield, taking the spot of Odin Bailey.

While Caleb Chukwuemeka is pushing for a chance on the flank, it would come as a surprise if the Aston Villa loanee is handed a first start of the season with two games to go.

St Mirren possible starting lineup:
Alnwick; Fraser, Shaughnessy, McCarthy; Tait, Gogic, Erhahon, Tanser; Kiltie; Main, Grieve

Livingston possible starting lineup:
Konovalov; Devlin, Fitzwater, Obileye, Boyes; Holt, Kelly; Forrest, Pittman, Shinnie; Nouble


We say: St Mirren 1-1 Livingston

On the back of two wins and clean sheets, St Mirren will back themselves to extend that record against opponents of a similar level to themselves. Nevertheless, we cannot ignore that Livingston's own good form, leading us to predict a competitive low-scoring draw.




Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a St Mirren win with a probability of 36.77%. A win for Livingston has a probability of 34.23% and a draw has a probability of 29%.

The most likely scoreline is St Mirren 1-1 Livingston with a probability of 13.38%. The next most likely scorelines are 1-0 (12.36%), 0-1 (11.81%), 0-0 (10.91%).



Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting over 1.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Over 1.5:data



body check tags ::

Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


amp_article__485399 : Collect and Make Data not in DataBase  : 
last updated article - 2022-05-13 15:26:15:
html db last update - 2022-05-09 09:16:08 :

ex - 7200 : read : write cache and make html
Read more!
Share this article now:

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
UC
Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!
Read more!
Scottish Premiership Table
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Celtic330010199
2RangersRangers33008179
3Hearts32107347
4Motherwell32015416
5Livingston32014316
6Hibernian31113304
7Aberdeen31026603
8St Mirren310225-33
9St Johnstone310226-43
10Dundee UnitedDundee Utd301226-41
11Kilmarnock301218-71
12Ross County300326-40
Scroll for more - Tap for full version

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
UC
Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

primis in bodyhistory www
Eredivisie Table
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ajax22009366
2PSV EindhovenPSV22009366
3SBV Excelsior22005146
4FC Twente22004046
5AZ AlkmaarAZ22005236
6Feyenoord21105234
7NEC21014223
8RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk20203302
9FC UtrechtUtrecht20202202
10Heerenveen20200002
11Sparta RotterdamSparta201123-11
12Cambuur201102-21
13FC VolendamVolendam201136-31
14EmmenEmmen201125-31
15Groningen201138-51
16Fortuna SittardSittard200226-40
17Vitesse200238-50
18Go Ahead Eagles200227-50
Scroll for more - Tap for full version


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .