MX23RW : Friday, June 21 20:29:28
SM
Friday, June 21
Upcoming predictions and previews
SN
Africa Cup of Nations | Group Stage
Jan 19, 2024 at 5pm UK
Stade de Yamoussoukro
CN

Senegal
3 - 1
Cameroon

Sarr (16'), Diallo (71'), Mane (90+5')
Diallo (58')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Castelletto (83')
Kemen (45+3'), Castelletto (48'), Neyou (75')

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Africa Cup of Nations
Last Game: Senegal 3-0 Gambia
Monday, January 15 at 2pm in Africa Cup of Nations
All competitions
Africa Cup of Nations
Last Game: Cameroon 1-1 Guinea
Monday, January 15 at 5pm in Africa Cup of Nations

We said: Senegal 1-0 Cameroon

Based on the first round of matches in this year's AFCON, Senegal looks like one of the sides to beat. The Lions of Teranga have been especially good in defence in recent months, and we fancy they will be able to shut out a Cameroon side that were far from impressive in their opening match of the competition. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Senegal win with a probability of 57.24%. A draw had a probability of 26.1% and a win for Cameroon had a probability of 16.66%.

The most likely scoreline for a Senegal win was 1-0 with a probability of 17.05%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (12.8%) and 2-1 (8.63%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.48%), while for a Cameroon win it was 0-1 (7.65%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 4.3% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Senegal would win this match.

Result
SenegalDrawCameroon
57.24% (2.063 2.06) 26.1% (-0.581 -0.58) 16.66% (-1.482 -1.48)
Both teams to score 38.1% (-0.957 -0.96)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
37.07% (0.104 0.1)62.93% (-0.10400000000001 -0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
17.59% (0.075999999999997 0.08)82.41% (-0.076999999999998 -0.08)
Senegal Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.73% (0.923 0.92)22.27% (-0.923 -0.92)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.29% (1.367 1.37)55.71% (-1.367 -1.37)
Cameroon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
49.01% (-1.836 -1.84)50.99% (1.836 1.84)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
14.67% (-1.268 -1.27)85.33% (1.269 1.27)
Score Analysis
    Senegal 57.23%
    Cameroon 16.66%
    Draw 26.09%
SenegalDrawCameroon
1-0 @ 17.05% (0.4 0.4)
2-0 @ 12.8% (0.63 0.63)
2-1 @ 8.63% (-0.019 -0.02)
3-0 @ 6.41% (0.483 0.48)
3-1 @ 4.32% (0.108 0.11)
4-0 @ 2.41% (0.241 0.24)
4-1 @ 1.62% (0.083 0.08)
3-2 @ 1.46% (-0.041 -0.04)
Other @ 2.53%
Total : 57.23%
1-1 @ 11.48% (-0.35 -0.35)
0-0 @ 11.35% (-0.040000000000001 -0.04)
2-2 @ 2.91% (-0.164 -0.16)
Other @ 0.35%
Total : 26.09%
0-1 @ 7.65% (-0.448 -0.45)
1-2 @ 3.87% (-0.333 -0.33)
0-2 @ 2.58% (-0.299 -0.3)
Other @ 2.57%
Total : 16.66%

Read more!
Read more!
Form Guide
Last Game: Senegal 3-0 Gambia
Monday, January 15 at 2pm in Africa Cup of Nations
Last Game: Senegal 1-0 Niger
Monday, January 8 at 6pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Togo 0-0 Senegal
Tuesday, November 21 at 4pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa
Last Game: Senegal 4-0 South Sudan
Saturday, November 18 at 7pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa
Last Game: Senegal 1-0 Cameroon
Monday, October 16 at 7.30pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Senegal 0-1 Algeria
Tuesday, September 12 at 8pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Cameroon 1-1 Guinea
Monday, January 15 at 5pm in Africa Cup of Nations
Last Game: Zambia 1-1 Cameroon
Tuesday, January 9 at 1pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Libya 1-1 Cameroon
Tuesday, November 21 at 4pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa
Last Game: Cameroon 3-0 Mauritius
Friday, November 17 at 7pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa
Last Game: Senegal 1-0 Cameroon
Monday, October 16 at 7.30pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Russia 1-0 Cameroon
Thursday, October 12 at 5pm in International Friendlies


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
AL
Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .