MX23RW : Thursday, April 25 12:21:28
SM
Brighton vs. Man City: 6 hrs 38 mins
Upcoming predictions and previews
MN
CONCACAF Gold Cup | Quarter-Finals
Jul 9, 2023 at 3.10am UK
AT&T Stadium
CR

Mexico
2 - 0
Costa Rica

Pineda (52' pen.), Sanchez (87')
Alvarez (55')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Azofeifa (12'), Borges (68'), Calvo (87')

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Mexico 0-1 Qatar
Monday, July 3 at 2.30am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Current Group B Standings P GD PTS
1Mexico356
2Qatar304
3Honduras3-34
4Haiti3-23
All competitions
CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Costa Rica 6-4 Martinique
Wednesday, July 5 at 2am in CONCACAF Gold Cup

We said: Mexico 1-0 Costa Rica (after extra time)

Do not expect the Costa Ricans to have the same amount of time and space on the ball versus the Mexicans like they had on matchday three, as El Tri have dominated the possession battle so far in this competition and have not allowed many clear-cut opportunities. These sides have plenty of experience to count upon and are both solid defensively, but Mexico have shown a little more consistency and should also have more energy, which is why we are giving them a slight edge this weekend. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Mexico win with a probability of 70.89%. A draw had a probability of 19.3% and a win for Costa Rica had a probability of 9.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Mexico win was 1-0 with a probability of 15.08%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (15.08%) and 3-0 (10.05%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.82%), while for a Costa Rica win it was 0-1 (4.41%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 15.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Mexico would win this match.

Result
MexicoDrawCosta Rica
70.89%19.31%9.8%
Both teams to score 38.27%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.76%52.24%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.05%73.95%
Mexico Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.46%13.54%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
59.38%40.61%
Costa Rica Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
44.27%55.73%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
11.68%88.31%
Score Analysis
    Mexico 70.87%
    Costa Rica 9.8%
    Draw 19.31%
MexicoDrawCosta Rica
1-0 @ 15.08%
2-0 @ 15.08%
3-0 @ 10.05%
2-1 @ 8.82%
3-1 @ 5.88%
4-0 @ 5.03%
4-1 @ 2.94%
5-0 @ 2.01%
3-2 @ 1.72%
5-1 @ 1.18%
Other @ 3.1%
Total : 70.87%
1-1 @ 8.82%
0-0 @ 7.55%
2-2 @ 2.58%
Other @ 0.36%
Total : 19.31%
0-1 @ 4.41%
1-2 @ 2.58%
0-2 @ 1.29%
Other @ 1.52%
Total : 9.8%

Read more!
Read more!
Form Guide
Last Game: Mexico 0-1 Qatar
Monday, July 3 at 2.30am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Haiti 1-3 Mexico
Friday, June 30 at 3am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Mexico 4-0 Honduras
Monday, June 26 at 1.30am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Panama 0-1 Mexico
Sunday, June 18 at 11pm in CONCACAF Nations League
Last Game: USA 3-0 Mexico
Friday, June 16 at 3am in CONCACAF Nations League
Last Game: Mexico 2-2 Cameroon
Sunday, June 11 at 3am in International Friendlies
Last Game: Costa Rica 6-4 Martinique
Wednesday, July 5 at 2am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: El Salvador 0-0 Costa Rica
Saturday, July 1 at 2.06am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Costa Rica 1-2 Panama
Tuesday, June 27 at 2am in CONCACAF Gold Cup
Last Game: Ecuador 3-1 Costa Rica
Wednesday, June 21 at 1.15am in International Friendlies
Last Game: Costa Rica 0-1 Guatemala
Friday, June 16 at 4am in International Friendlies
Last Game: Costa Rica 0-1 Panama
Wednesday, March 29 at 3am in CONCACAF Nations League


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
AL
Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .