MX23RW : Friday, April 12 17:53:26
SM
Plymouth vs. Leicester: 1 hr 6 mins
Upcoming predictions and previews
S
Championship | Gameweek 20
Dec 9, 2023 at 12.30pm UK
Stadium of Light
WB

Sunderland
2 - 1
West Brom

Ballard (70'), Neill (84')
Ballard (34')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Thomas-Asante (86')
Sarmiento (51'), Molumby (54'), Chalobah (81'), Furlong (90+3'), Thomas-Asante (90'), Pipa (90+6')

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Millwall 1-1 Sunderland
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 1-2 Leicester
Saturday, December 2 at 12.30pm in Championship

We said: Sunderland 1-1 West Bromwich Albion

With the likes of Bellingham and Roberts possibly returning to the side, Sunderland should have enough attacking quality to cause West Brom problems on Saturday. The nature of the defeat to Leicester and Phillips's injury have the potential to derail Albion's positive run of form, but we expect Corberan's side to battle their way to a point in the North-East. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sunderland win with a probability of 44.93%. A win for West Bromwich Albion had a probability of 30.76% and a draw had a probability of 24.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sunderland win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.2%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.7%) and 2-0 (7.06%). The likeliest West Bromwich Albion win was 1-2 (7.39%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.33%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.2% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Sunderland in this match.

Result
SunderlandDrawWest Bromwich Albion
44.93% (0.689 0.69) 24.3% (-0.106 -0.11) 30.76% (-0.587 -0.59)
Both teams to score 58.45% (0.058999999999997 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56% (0.207 0.21)44% (-0.213 -0.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.61% (0.203 0.2)66.38% (-0.20699999999999 -0.21)
Sunderland Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.26% (0.381 0.38)19.73% (-0.386 -0.39)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.24% (0.617 0.62)51.76% (-0.622 -0.62)
West Bromwich Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.83% (-0.277 -0.28)27.17% (0.272 0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.42% (-0.35899999999999 -0.36)62.57% (0.35599999999999 0.36)
Score Analysis
    Sunderland 44.93%
    West Bromwich Albion 30.76%
    Draw 24.3%
SunderlandDrawWest Bromwich Albion
2-1 @ 9.2% (0.064 0.06)
1-0 @ 8.7% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
2-0 @ 7.06% (0.103 0.1)
3-1 @ 4.98% (0.094 0.09)
3-0 @ 3.82% (0.101 0.1)
3-2 @ 3.24% (0.037 0.04)
4-1 @ 2.02% (0.061 0.06)
4-0 @ 1.55% (0.058 0.06)
4-2 @ 1.32% (0.031 0.03)
Other @ 3.04%
Total : 44.93%
1-1 @ 11.33% (-0.06 -0.06)
2-2 @ 5.99% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
0-0 @ 5.36% (-0.05 -0.05)
3-3 @ 1.41% (0.004 0)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 24.3%
1-2 @ 7.39% (-0.094 -0.09)
0-1 @ 6.99% (-0.12 -0.12)
0-2 @ 4.55% (-0.114 -0.11)
1-3 @ 3.21% (-0.066 -0.07)
2-3 @ 2.6% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-3 @ 1.98% (-0.065 -0.06)
1-4 @ 1.05% (-0.03 -0.03)
Other @ 3%
Total : 30.76%

Read more!
Read more!
Form Guide
Last Game: Millwall 1-1 Sunderland
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Sunderland 1-2 Huddersfield
Wednesday, November 29 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Plymouth 2-0 Sunderland
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Sunderland 3-1 Birmingham
Saturday, November 11 at 12.30pm in Championship
Last Game: Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
Saturday, November 4 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Sunderland 3-1 Norwich
Saturday, October 28 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 1-2 Leicester
Saturday, December 2 at 12.30pm in Championship
Last Game: Cardiff 0-1 West Brom
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 2-0 Ipswich
Saturday, November 25 at 5.30pm in Championship
Last Game: Southampton 2-1 West Brom
Saturday, November 11 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 3-1 Hull City
Saturday, November 4 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Coventry 0-2 West Brom
Monday, October 30 at 8pm in Championship


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
AL
Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .