MX23RW : Thursday, April 25 07:19:47
SM
Brighton vs. Man City: 11 hrs 40 mins
Upcoming predictions and previews
EN
Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying | Group Stage
Mar 24, 2023 at 7pm UK
 
MN

Egypt
2 - 0
Malawi

Salah (20'), Marmoush (45+1')
Hamed (68'), Abdelmonem (77'), Hegazy (79'), Kahraba (90')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Davie (90+4')

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying
Last Game: Belgium 1-2 Egypt
Friday, November 18 at 3pm in International Friendlies
All competitions
Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying
Last Game: Bangladesh 1-1 Malawi
Wednesday, March 15 at 1.30pm in International Friendlies

We said: Egypt 2-0 Malawi

Even overlooking their home advantage, Egypt head into the weekend on a fine run of form, giving them an extra edge. Malawi must pull one out of the hat if they hope to cause an upset, but we see the hosts prevailing in what should be a thrilling affair. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Egypt win with a probability of 67.71%. A draw had a probability of 21.6% and a win for Malawi had a probability of 10.68%.

The most likely scoreline for a Egypt win was 1-0 with a probability of 17.18%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (15.45%) and 3-0 (9.26%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 0-0 (9.56%), while for a Malawi win it was 0-1 (5.25%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 15.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 2-0 win for Egypt in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Egypt.

Result
EgyptDrawMalawi
67.71% (-0.562 -0.56) 21.61% (0.329 0.33) 10.68% (0.232 0.23)
Both teams to score 35.27% (-0.088999999999999 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.65% (-0.593 -0.59)58.34% (0.592 0.59)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.04% (-0.467 -0.47)78.96% (0.46599999999999 0.47)
Egypt Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.44% (-0.395 -0.39)16.56% (0.393 0.39)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
53.66% (-0.714 -0.71)46.34% (0.713 0.71)
Malawi Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
42.27% (0.091999999999999 0.09)57.72% (-0.092999999999996 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
10.55% (0.050000000000001 0.05)89.44% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05)
Score Analysis
    Egypt 67.7%
    Malawi 10.68%
    Draw 21.61%
EgyptDrawMalawi
1-0 @ 17.18% (0.15 0.15)
2-0 @ 15.45% (-0.06 -0.06)
3-0 @ 9.26% (-0.163 -0.16)
2-1 @ 8.49% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
3-1 @ 5.09% (-0.075 -0.08)
4-0 @ 4.16% (-0.13 -0.13)
4-1 @ 2.29% (-0.065 -0.07)
5-0 @ 1.5% (-0.068 -0.07)
3-2 @ 1.4% (-0.016 -0.02)
Other @ 2.87%
Total : 67.7%
0-0 @ 9.56% (0.213 0.21)
1-1 @ 9.45% (0.114 0.11)
2-2 @ 2.33% (0.004 0)
Other @ 0.27%
Total : 21.61%
0-1 @ 5.25% (0.132 0.13)
1-2 @ 2.6% (0.039 0.04)
0-2 @ 1.44% (0.04 0.04)
Other @ 1.39%
Total : 10.68%

Read more!
Read more!
Form Guide
Last Game: Belgium 1-2 Egypt
Friday, November 18 at 3pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Egypt 3-0 Liberia
Tuesday, September 27 at 7pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Egypt 3-0 Niger
Friday, September 23 at 7pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: South Korea 4-1 Egypt
Tuesday, June 14 at 12pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Ethiopia 2-0 Egypt
Thursday, June 9 at 5pm in Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying
Last Game: Egypt 1-0 Guinea
Sunday, June 5 at 8pm in Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying
Last Game: Bangladesh 1-1 Malawi
Wednesday, March 15 at 1.30pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Malawi 1-1 Lesotho
Saturday, February 25 at 1pm in International Friendlies
Last Game: Mauritius 0-2 Malawi
Sunday, July 10 at 4pm in COSAFA Cup
Last Game: Malawi 1-1 Eswatini
Friday, July 8 at 1pm in COSAFA Cup
Last Game: Lesotho 2-1 Malawi
Wednesday, July 6 at 4pm in COSAFA Cup
Last Game: Guinea 1-0 Malawi
Thursday, June 9 at 5pm in Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
AL
Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .